This section will give you an overview of our return policy for wherever you may have purchased our products.
- General Returns Guidelines
- Retail Store Returns Policy (store.particle.io)
- Orders placed through a distributor (including Amazon)
- Wholesale Store Returns Policy (wholesale.particle.io)
General Returns Guidelines
These guidelines apply to all returns, regardless of the store from which you purchased your Particle products. Please read this section carefully, and then proceed to either the Retail or Wholesale store policy depending on where you made your purchase. Note: if you made your purchase through Amazon or one of our other distributors, you will need to contact them directly to process a refund.
- Please contact us at our support portal prior to sending any products back to us. If an order is returned to us without approval for any reason, you will not receive a refund.
- If you’ve made a purchase through our Wholesale Store, our policy and processes are slightly different than our normal retail return process.
- Modified items are reviewed on a case by case basis for eligibility of returns. We cannot guarantee that we’ll accept them back
- Returns may take up to 30 business days to process, not including transit times
- Replacement orders can not be modified to include different or additional parts
- You are responsible for return shipping charges that are not related to a manufacturer error
- We reserve the right to limit support or deny returns on items that were purchased over 1 calendar year from the order date, as well as deprecated/unsupported products
- If your return is not received in restockable condition, we reserve the right to change your refund amount or method (e.g., limit your refund to store credit)
- Your original shipping charge will not be refunded
- A 10% per unopened device restocking fee will be deducted from any refunds issued
- Please take note that the warranty period is 6 months. If your device was purchased and delivered more than 6 months back, we will not be able to issue a replacement
Retail Store Returns Policy
30-Day Unopened Return Policy
If you are not 100% satisfied with your order, we will be happy to arrange a return for any unopened items purchased within 30 days. Simply visit our support portal with your order number, email address you used to place the order, and a brief description of the reason for the return. Please note your refund will be subject to a restocking fee of 10% per device.
Opened Product Return Policy
Sometimes you can’t tell a product is not for you until you take it for a test drive. Not a problem, we’ve got your back. We can offer advice, troubleshoot or diagnose any issue that might have come up. First, look for troubleshooting tips and assistance on your issue on our documentation page. If you don’t find it there, our amazing community can most likely help you out. If you still are having trouble, visit us at our support portal.
If we determine that something is wrong with your product due to a manufacturing defect or error, we will be happy to replace your item(s) as needed. Please visit our support portal and let us know your order number, the product you’re having issues with, and a detailed description of the problems you’re seeing. For broken products, please include pictures, they are worth a thousand words.
Damaged in Shipment
If your package was damaged in shipment, please visit our support portal within 7 days of receipt and let us know what happened. Include your order number, the product with a brief description of the damage and a picture (if possible). This information helps us assess our packaging so we can prevent similar problems in the future. We’ll get replacements for the damaged goods to you as quickly as possible.
Orders placed through a distributor
If you placed your original order through one of our distributors, please see their website for the applicable return/replacement/refund policy. For potentially defective units, we can offer advice, troubleshoot or diagnose any issue that might have come up. First, look for troubleshooting tips and assistance about your issue on our documentation page. If you don’t find it there, our amazing community can most likely help you out. If you still are having trouble, visit us at our support portal.
If we determine that something is wrong with your product due to a manufacturing defect or error, we will be happy to replace your item(s) as needed. Please visit our support portal and let us know the product you’re having issues with along with a detailed description of the problems you’re seeing. Be sure to let us know which distributor you ordered your item(s) from as well. For physically broken products that were damaged in transit, please contact the original distributor.
Wholesale Store Returns Policy
Original Condition Return Policy
Orders on our Wholesale Store are committed POs that are non-cancellable and non-refundable. We also cannot make changes to or delay shipping timelines in the case of a committed PO.
In certain circumstances, we may allow returns or exchanges if the items are in original, unopened, unused condition. If you have a question about a particular return or exchange, please contact us via our support portal within 15 days of receipt of your order. A restocking fee will be calculated and deducted from your refund.
Items on Reels or Trays
If your order includes items on reels or in trays, such as the P1 or P0, or items in trays, such as the Electron trays or Photon trays, and the vacuum-sealed bag on the reel or tray has been opened, the units are no longer in original condition. Because of the moisture sensitivity of these units, we can not guarantee their condition for other customers after they have been unsealed.
Modified or Opened Product Return Policy
If you are struggling with a Particle product or aren’t satisfied with your purchase, our team of support engineers will help you determine the issue in our standard troubleshooting process.
In the case of demonstrable manufacturing issues or failure due to defective materials, we will troubleshoot and replace the item(s) as needed.
Please check out the troubleshooting tips and assistance on our documentation page. Our amazing community is also a great resource and may be able to help as well. If you still have not resolved your problem, please visit our support portal to begin basic troubleshooting with our team. Often, defective units have simple misconfigurations that can easily be fixed, and this will put you in a position to quickly and easily resolve certain issues if they crop up again.
Modules Incorporated into custom boards
We can only perform limited troubleshooting on modules built into custom boards. If you’re interested in more in-depth troubleshooting, please visit our support portal and let us know you’re interested in working with one of our service partners for an in-depth technical review of your custom board.
Items damaged in shipment
Please please contact us via our support portal with a description of the damages, and pictures of the damaged items/packaging and we will help you to repair, return or exchange the item(s) as needed.